There are dozens of destinations and events available to RAGBRAI riders in town this weekend. * Denotes Free events.
IMAGE CREDIT: VIA Nick Schumacher, Google images
ARTSUX Gallery* artsuxgallery.com • 515 Fourth St.
Work by local artists + studio tours Saturday 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino hardrockcasinosiouxcity.com • 712-226-7600
Iconic memorabilia in Sioux City’s historic Battery Building
Children’s Museum launchpadmuseum.com • 712-224-2542
Hands-on play + STEM-based learning
Long Lines Climbing climblonglines.com • 712-224-5124
5,900 sq. ft. of climbable walls
Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center
woodburyparks.org • 712-258-0838 Hiking trails + interactive exhibits
sioux-city.org • 1301 Riverside Blvd. Adaptive playground & ball field + mini golf (bring your own clubs)
Sioux City Railroad Museum siouxcityrailroadmuseum.org • 712-233-6996
Train rides & walking tours + a new exhibit: Holocaust Rails
Stone State Park
iowadnr.gov • 712-255-4698. 1,000+ acres, hiking and rare Loess Hills land formation
Sioux City Art Center * siouxcityartcenter.org • 712-279-6272
Free exhibits + Grant Wood’s Corn Room mural, work by local artists and many others.
Sioux City Parks & Rec* siouxcityparksandrec.com • 712-279-6126
Visit the Sioux City Parks & Rec Facebook page for info on trails, parks, pools & splashpads
Sioux City Public Library* siouxcitylibrary.org • 712-255-2933
Wall-to-wall wifi + RAGBRAI programming
Sioux City Public Museum* siouxcitymuseum.org • 712-279-6174
Regional history + RAGBRAI exhibit: It All Started Here
HERE & THERE
Mid America Museum of Aviation & Transportation midamericaairmuseum.org • 712-252-5300
FedEx plane + comprehensive United Flight 232 exhibit
Sergeant Floyd Monument*, National historic landmark + scenic overlook
Siouxland Freedom Park* siouxlandfreedompark.org • 402-412-1776
Riverfront park honoring veterans + half-size replica of Vietnam Memorial. Located in South Sioux City, Neb.
Trinity Heights* trinityheights.com • 712-239-8670
Peaceful walking paths by inspiring statues + life-size Last Supper sculpture
Cone Park, coneparksiouxcity.com • 712-279-6126 Summer tubing & splash pad + trails
IBP Ice Center siouxcityparksandrec.com • 712-279-4880
Open skating 7–9 p.m. on Fridays & Saturdays
Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center & Betty Strong Encounter Center* siouxcitylcic.com • 712-224-5242
Interactive exhibits for all ages + outdoor sculptures
Sergeant Floyd River Museum & Welcome Center*
1000 Larsen Park Rd. • 712-279-0198
Former U.S. Army Corps of Engineers inspection boat with historic exhibits + Sioux City info
Explore our endless miles of biking and walking trails with a variety of interesting stops along with way:
- Anderson Dance Pavilion & surrounding gardens
- Spirit of Siouxland sculpture commemorating United Flight 232, which crash-landed at Sioux Gateway Airport in 1989
- Several parks, playgrounds, & picnic spots
- Splashpad & large swing
- Basketball courts, exercise equipment, & mini climbing wall
ACCESS FOR PEDESTRIANS & CYCLISTS: Floyd Boulevard, Virginia Street, Pierce Street, Wesley Parkway/Veterans Bridge Crossing, or Seaboard Triumph Foods Expo Center using Riverfront Trail or Cunningham/Transit Trail
ACCESS FOR VEHICLES: Interstate 29 Hamilton Boulevard exit
Hit the trails Sioux City trail map – LINK TO MAP
EVENTS HAPPENING AROUND TOWN
FRIDAY, JULY 21
- Family Movie Friday: Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile, Sioux City Public Library, 529 Pierce St. • 10 a.m.
- Food Truck Friday, Pearl Street Park, 620 Pearl St. • 11 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Sioux City Beers of Yesterday and Today, The Warrior Hotel, 525 Sixth St. • 5:30–6 p.m.
- Sioux City Explorers Baseball vs. Lincoln Saltdogs, MercyOne Field at Lewis & Clark Park, 3400 Line Dr. xsbaseball.com • 712-277-WINS (9467) • 7:05 p.m.
- Downtown LIVE! Concert: Kaleta & the Super Yamba Band, Sioux City Public Museum Lawn, 607 Fourth St. downtownlivesc.com • 712-252-0014 • 7–9 p.m.
- Maddie Poppe, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Anthem Stage, hardrockcasinosiouxcity.com • 8 p.m.
SATURDAY, JULY 22
- Farmers Market, Great Southern Bank Parking Lot, 329 Pierce St. farmersmarketsiouxcity.com • 8 a.m.–1 p.m
- Architectural Skyline Tour: A View from The Crown*, The Warrior Hotel, 525 Sixth St. • 5:30–6 p.m.
- Sioux City Explorers Baseball vs. Lincoln Saltdogs, MercyOne Field at Lewis & Clark Park, 3400 Line Dr. xsbaseball.com • 712-277-WINS (9467) • 6:05 p.m.
- Saturday Night Movies at the Park: Sing *, Grandview Park, 24th Street & Grandview Boulevard. Bring your own blanket & snacks • 9 p.m.